£395 + VAT (Per person)
+ £52 Examination Fee
Location - Stockport
City & Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2018 (with Amendment 2)
This City & Guilds course will enable you to demonstrate a detailed knowledge as well as gaining familiarity with the layout, content and application of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition known as BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations. This Certificate ensures you are up-to-date with the latest industry regulations on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. This course includes the latest Amendment 2.
Duration: The course will be delivered over a 3 day period, with an exam on a separate day Please allow for this when scheduling work etc.Pre-course requirements:
A basic understanding of electrical principles is recommended in order to be successful on this course.
The 18th edition course is aimed at practicing electricians, electrical contractors and those who require to have a good working knowledge of BS 7671. The aim of this 3 day electrical training course is to gain familiarity with the layout, content and application of the BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Regulations. It is intended to ensure that on completion of this course, individuals are conversant with the format, content and the application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Regulations.
Below are the key learning areas:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671:2018
- Electrical definitions
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Requirements of protection for electrical safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Electrical inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- Use of the information within BS7671:2018 appendices
- Assessment includes a two hour online multiple-choice exam
- Energy efficiency
- Protection against fire – installation of arc fault detection devices (AFDDs)
- Protection against transient over voltage
How you will learn:
This course is entirely classroom based, it introduces wiring regulations and covers their application through explanation and worked examples. We will ensure that you are fully prepared for the City & Guilds 18th Edition test which is a 2-hour multiple-choice, on-line examination. The examination is ‘open book’, meaning that you will be able to look up wiring regulations and refer to the 18th edition book during the exam process.
Changes from 17th to 18th Edition are as follows:
- Definitions – expanded and modified
- Protection against electric shock – Chapter 41 has significant changes made to it, including changing the requirement for equipotential bonding in some installations.
- Protection against fire – Chapter 42 has been updated with extra information on arc fault detection.
- Protection against overvoltage – Clause 443 has been updated & overhauled.
- There have been changes to a lot of the Special installations including medical locations, electric vehicle charging points and heating cables and embedded heating systems.
- There have been changes to a number of the appendices including the provision of a new section on Energy efficiency.
Elevated Knowledge recommend that if you want to keep abreast of the pending changes and confirmed dates for implementation, you take the time to read the BS 7671: the 18th Edition report.
From this course you will receive C&G Certification for BS 7671:2018 – 18th Edition Regulations and can move on to Inspection and Testing qualifications: C&G 2391-52 (Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing) or maybe PAT Testing.
Costs: Costs for 3 day course includes tuition, Lunch & Refreshments
All delegates are required to supply their own copy of the 18th edition regulations book incorporating amendment 2.
Example link: 18th Edition book on Amazon
Outcomes: Successful completion of the course will result in the issue of C&G Certification