£1,200 + VAT (Per person)Location - Stockport
Course Objective: To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge, skills and safe working practices to enable them to safely undertake a range of mechanical tasks in an industrial environment
Course duration: 5 days
Pre-course requirement: Delegates should have a basic understanding of the use of hand tools, along with an understanding of workplace health and safety.
This course can be modified to your own specifications. For bespoke courses and on-site training contact us for a quote.
Mechanical Transmission Systems
Demonstration and practice checking, adjusting, maintaining and rectifying the following:
• Gears and Gearboxes, Speed calculations
• Shafts and couplings including the fitting and extraction of keys
• Clutches: Mechanical and Pneumatic
• Belt, chain and sprocket drives
• Plain, ball and roller bearings: removal and replacement
• Brakes, Linkages, Cams
• Variable speed drives
• Conveyors, including guarding requirements
Demonstration and practice of the methods for performing routine adjustments by:
• Alignment techniques and shimming
• Principles of diagnosing mechanical faults
Informal test to include all the topics covered during the course. Upon completion candidates will be receive a certificate of attendance.